Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Limey Stumpjumpers!

I don't believe that "limeys" is a derogatory term, but is rather a kind of friendly nickname for the Brits that Americans used in WWII (I think, however, that it originated well before that, in the British navy when the English tall ships ruled the seas...those guys kicked major tail). Anyway, I'm using it as a term of endearment for our friends Paul Fox and Talane Miedaner, who are back home in England after spending some time with us this past summer here at Stumpjack in Two Rivers. Wanted to share this picture Paul emailed to me yesterday of himself and Talane aboard a rickshaw "in London's West End just before [we] saw the 'Lion King' on stage."
Paul & Talane in rickshaw...I love the look of the street and buildings behind them.

Paul also emailed me a link that shows an area of his hometwon of Exmouth live via a webcam atop some building in town...I was able to pan around the town looking at different locations, zoom in or out to get close-ups of people unaware of my spying...made me feel very much like a character in a Robert Ludlum novel. Paul mentioned a couple other things but his writing had such a heavy English accent I couldn't figure out what the hell he was talking about.

Maria, Keralee, Paul and Talane at Stumpjack this summer
(Keralee and Talane are sisters).


If we open a London branch, which ought to be called something like Stumpjack Royal Tea & Coffee Emporium, Paul will be in charge of drinks and entertainment. We'll also be publish our exploits with a newsletter titled "Stumpjack Bullocks."

Ok, time to bugger off...blimey...John Bull...fish and chips...crumpets and what-what...

1 comment:

Maria said...

IF, if - what do you mean if? WHEN you open the London branch of Stumpjack, I'll be digging out my passport.

And what's this tease about a link to a webcam in Exmouth, and then you don't share the link. Naughty boy.