Saturday, May 17, 2008

Recent pics by Nate that I like

Here's some images from Nate Walkner from the past several days that I really like. Nate is a quite a photographer, as you can see. Click on them to enlarge.
Here's a cool one of Nate's dad, Bill, from outside the shop. I like the curved angles.

This one of Bill I like because Bill's in the middle of talking to the audience. He often has some interesting or humorous intro to his tunes.

Great color and composition in this one of John Will Balsley...plus, with the hair John looks like a young Doc Brown, from Back to the Future.

One of the nicest inside shots of the Stump yet.

Cool outside shot after the gig. The only thing I'd change in this one is that the Stumpjack neon needs to be visible. Shewt, you can see the dentist's sign and he wasn't even there (thanks a lot Jerry!). Might have to do this one over again to get the sign in...but I like the vibe.

A really fine pic of Kim and I...love the lighting and softness of this one. Plus, we both look pretty damn good.

5 comments:

Nate said...

my favorite bit about pic#1 is that it's from the 6 inch spot between the oval "sticker" and the window seam and neon sign, but because it's a fisheye, that 6 inches looks like several feet (and the seam in the glass looks like a corner). thanks for letting me hang around

Nate said...

and at least i didn't end up on like diary of the daft. ahhh yeah.

David said...

...not yet anyway, but the day is young yet...heehaa!

Codadiva said...

I found Nate on flickr for the Fourth pix for my new blog. I'm so glad you like him too, because that makes me part of the brilliant eye crowd.

My new blog is http://livinginmanitowoc.wordpress.com

Codadiva said...

I found Nate on flickr for the Fourth pix for my new blog. I'm so glad you like him too, because that makes me part of the brilliant eye crowd.

My new blog is http://livinginmanitowoc.wordpress.com