Saturday, September 6, 2008

a few wasps I killed and collected in the past 3 days

My latest artwork...I call it "Exercise in Black & Yellow #3"
We had a wasp problem. There's a wall nest under the siding on the outside of the building. Our landlord doused it with poison and plugged it up, and now the little critters are looking for a way in and the ones that were in the nest are making their way into our bathroom and back hallway via inner wall routes. Here's a portion of the ones I've killed in the past 3 days (methods of death: numerous cans of spray, newspaper swatters, my boot, and my bug crushing fingers - had one in my shirt, amazingly didn't sting me). I have killed and collected...I kid you not...over 700 thus far. Here's a picture of one small part of the piles.

1 comment:

Maria Birch said...

First you have to live with drama queens (they really do love you, David, you know that don't you???), and now you have to work with those nasty little wasps.

You have one interesting life there - could be another chapter in the book - 700 more drama queens.